Saturday, October 10, 2009

She Rizes

In the soft blanket of a black wool sky,
she rises, as clouds drift below
offering white clasped hands
to hold her esteem...

The poets and dreamers and children
can see her sadness,
although she is smiling
in the melancholy colors of autumn.

Upon a leaf-strewn bed of crumpled leaves,
an offering, a gratitude is whispered...
"they know not what they do,"
and a clouded sky protects
by colors of graying wisdom.

A shifty preamble to scientific skiffs
in search of water ships drowned...
a blast of bussed explosives
shoot to silence her in a plume
of vomit smoke, not once but twice.

I watched in spite of my sorrow,
as images sought were images lost...

Alas, a Mother's forgiveness is boundless.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful! Here I sit with tears my eyes.

    "I watched in spite of my sorrow,
    as images sought were images lost..."

    Mournful, exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ajey... I was not too happy with NASA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Megan. I held a silent prayer of thanks for "images lost."

    ReplyDelete