Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bittersweet Joy

She lay in my arms having her ba
in blue eyed contentment.

Gently rocking
I thought my heart would break
from the last day of this precious feeding...
when a dimpled hand reached up
and gently finger painted my face
with my own tears and then wiped them away
on her own little head.

She looked into my swollen eyes
and kicked a chubby foot to my lips
for a monkey toe nibble, pulled the ba
from her mouth and gave me a new tooth smile.

Together we shared our giggles
in a moment of joy meant to last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a different write... loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Opaque! My poetic expression is a catharsis for me... not always dark. I think I have tackled most of my demons and now I can be free to liberate what moves me emotionally. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete