Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Oh the perfect day...

There was one perfect day a long time ago,
no a moment in time without reason or rhyme,
skipping home to a jump rope rhythm, blue sky,
white clouds, happy to be alive as I skipped with
my rope away from the school... home. Past the nursery
of the blossom kind. Birds singing, and me knowing
all is well with the world. Lunch with mom is waiting.

Mom was not so well and the dark clouds came instead.
I can't remember what transpired but I went back to school
and faced a disappointment that day. Dismay.

We learned  scary tunes from my teacher kind as she banged
on an old piano. She wore sunglasses and wept as she taught us
some songs, for the curriculum. No "Bill Grogan's" goat today.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming...

"And bombs burstin in air gave truth...

No, no, no my day just went wrong.

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies", was the song I wanted.

Fast forward... a half a century later.

I saw the dragon as a cloud in the sky, the moon sucked
into a brain. It passed down a sinus and out of a mouth,
(did I mention there was a rainbow that day?)

It passed out of the nostril of that dragon beast, as it
lit a twilight sky. I felt for the passing of the man in the moon,
but alas, I could not cry. It was a man in the moon with
with a sorrowful grimace that passed through the cloud in the sky.

I know why. She dances her light from the light of a Sun that
is just a reflection here. Letting her little one's know that their gifts may
give pause, but there is never nothing to fear.

A perfect day can never be spoilt when you see dark clouds
in a different way. Oh dear.

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies, and amber waves of grain."

Words I remember from a feminine chant that has stifled
my weary left brain.

"Crown thy good with (mother) brotherhood from sea to shining
sea. It's a perfect day when I'm thinking like me.

Skip roping with my poetry.




No comments:

Post a Comment